Re: sata_mv 7042 support and port multipliers

Jeff Garzik wrote:
Robin H. Johnson wrote:
..
The card reports as revision 2, which is not in the code either.

I've got the hardware, so I'm willing to do heavy lifting of code (NCQ,
Hotplug, PMP) if it hasn't been done yet, if somebody point me to some
docs on the matter.  I've seen the mvSata-3.6.1 driver, and it appears
to have most of the stuff on revision 1, but nothing on hardware
revision 2 either.

Jeff: you mentioned back in September about Marvell being a bit more
generous with docs? Were 7042 docs amongst them or do I have to slog
through the messy mvSata driver to find everything?

That's what I had to do. I have the docs, which cover the programming interface, but it doesn't cover a lot of the associated errata. I had to dig that out of the mvSata driver myself.

I had thought that Mark Lord was working on improving sata_mv, but outside of a locking bugfixes, I haven't seen anything since mid-May.

I no longer use a system with that chipset (6081), so if someone new (Robin?)
wants to take up the cause, then go for it!

Cheers

-