Re: SiI 3124 PCI-X

Hi Tejun:

Thank you for your help. I included your patch in the FC5 latest
kernel update and it works very well.

I'm just finishing the RAID-5 reconstruction of 3x750GB disks, so they
are all visible and working stable.

If anybody is interested, this is the method I used:

- Kernel 2.6.18-1.2200_FC5 is actually 2.6.18.1 with a number of
paches added by the Fedora team.
- The RPM builds the kernel from 2.6.18, then applies the patch to
move to 2.6.18.1, and then the Fedora patches.
- I applied your patch just after the 2.6.18.1 patch and then slightly
modified the spec file to skip a couple of patches that conflicts with
yours.

If anybody wants a more detailed procedure I will be happy to provide it.

Thank you Tejun!

Carlos

On 10/24/06, Tejun Heo <htejun@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Carlos Vidal wrote:
> Hi Tejun:
>
> First, thank you for your work with the SATA drivers!
>
> I have a Stardom SATA-II PCI-X card and 3 hard disks connected with a
> Stardom SOHOTank. According to the documentation, the SOHOTank uses
> SATA multiport and sata_sil24 should recognize all disks
> automatically.
>
> Unfortunatelly, when I load the driver only one disk is seen (the
> second one, weirdly).
>
> I'm using FC5 with kernel 2.6.18-1.2200.fc5. In principle this
> corresponds to your 2.6.17 patch (when I try to apply it it says it is
> already there).
>
> Is there any special thing I need to do to activate multi-port
> recognition? I'm wondering if there is an option, something in /sys or
> /proc, or a special BIOS flash for the card.
>
> Any clues are very welcome! :-)

Hello,

Being a long-time debian user, I dunno anything about the -FC kernel.
Does it actually contain PMP support?  The behavior you're describing
matches libata's behavior w/o PMP support.  Please give a shot at
vanilla 2.6.18.1 + libata-tj-2.6.18.1-20061020.  The patch is available
in the following page.

http://home-tj.org/wiki/index.php/Libata-tj-stable

Also, please cc linux-ide@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx next time so that other people
can answer and the thread can be searched later.

--
tejun

-