Help with SATA HDD IO Stack question

Jeff

Let me introduce my self and then explain the why I am emailing you...

My name is Troy Davidson, I am the Senior Software Architect for Iomega corporation.
We are in the development of a Linux based NAS product, that is based of the 2.6.13 kernel. We are attempting to add RAID HDD "HotSwap support", the HDDs are SATA drives running of a Silicon Image Host controller.

Now the problem:
            The 2.6.18 Kernel has a critical feature such that when the SATA HDD is disconnected, the driver handles this fine and removes the device from /DEV, where as the 2.6.13 does not remove the /DEV device,

What I am asking...

We would be willing to Purchase you services on consulting basis to help devise a way to add the support for the DEV removal and clean stopping of the SATA device in the 2.6.13 kernel, (if possible). If you are interested or could give some directions on a solution to this I would be grateful.

Thanks
Troy Davidson
Iomega Corp.

-
: send the line "unsubscribe linux-ide" in