Re: Seagate SATA 3GB/s drive connected to via vt8251 using ahci module

[CC'ing Bastiaan Jacques. Hi!]

Aalderd Bouwman wrote:
Copy 5gig data and compare it 4 times with success :-)

Unmount and remove driver:
Jun 20 17:06:30 ACPI: PCI interrupt for device 0000:00:0f.0 disabled

As you can see it works.
Now I will check the hotplug functionality and if you have a patch for maybe better NCQ usage I want to test him for you.

Do you happen to have a different drive which can do NCQ? Preferably, one from another vendor? AFAICS, the ahci driver is doing NCQ as the AHCI spec specifies and all ICH controllers seem to be quite happy with it. I wanna know whether the problem is from the specific combination of the controller and the drive or the via controller needs a different programming sequence for NCQ in general. Does the Windows driver do NCQ?

Bastiaan, do you know whether we need to do things differently to use NCQ on vt8251?

Thanks.

--
tejun
-