Re: Maybe a corrupted BIOS?

zhao, forrest wrote:
Hi, Jeff

I encountered a tricky problem. Let me described it from start.

This morning I applied the "AHCI suspend/resume" patch against latest
#upstream without much modification, then after a round of suspend/
resume, then system can't boot from AHCI mode, also can't boot from
"enhanced mode with AHCI disabled". But it can boot from "compatible
mode" with ata_piix driver to drive the hardware.

So now I'm totally clueless about how to make AHCI mode come back to
life. It seems that I need to trigger a low-level re-initialization of
SATA controller. Have you ever met such weird behavior before?

Remove power, wait for a while, and re-apply power. Resume failure from memsleep puts my p5ld2 in a pretty weird state (POSTing hangs). Removing power helps in my case.

--
tejun
-