Re: 2.6.17-rc5-mm3: oops when ejecting dock

Kristen Accardi wrote:
To me it
seems unwise to do anything outside the ide subsystem other than notify
of an event and call some handler or something.
Sounds reasonable to me.

I presume what happens (or should happen?) is that pressing the "want to undock" button would send an event to acpid to unmount any filesystems, etc, and then once that had finishes you can pull the latch lever to actually disconnect the dock. Does that work at present?

I guess actually pulling the dock would cause PCI hot unplug events if there were actual PCI devices behind it. I don't think the X60 dock does though.

-
: send the line "unsubscribe linux-ide" in