libata : ata_dev_set_mode failed

Hi,

when using the pata driver for a via vt8235, the ata_dev_set_mode function
failed for one my ATAPI drive ( ata4: failed to set xfermode
(err_mask=0x4) ). This error doesn't happen if I put the drive on another
controller.

Using the old ide stack, there is a similar problem if I change the
xfermode with hdparm : there is an interrupt lost.
The interrupt is lost when calling ide_wait_cmd from ide_cmd_ioctl
(drivers/ide/ide-taskfile.c).
But there no problem in the ide initialisation, because
ide_cmd_ioctl (and ide_wait_cmd) isn't called in this case, but
ide_config_drive_speed is directly called.

In drivers/ide/ide-iops.c, ide_config_drive_speed have a comment
saying they can't use ide_wait_cmd because it could cause "lost interrupt"
[1]. Does the issue described in this comment are solved in libata or it
is the problem I am seeing with my drive ?

Matthieu

PS : my drive accept ide_wait_cmd or ata_dev_set_mode after I insert a CD
and doesn't wait to much (10-20 seconds).

[1]
	/*
         * Don't use ide_wait_cmd here - it will
         * attempt to set_geometry and recalibrate,
         * but for some reason these don't work at
         * this point (lost interrupt).
         */

-
: send the line "unsubscribe linux-ide" in