Re: [ANNOUNCE] libata EH/NCQ/hotplug/PM git tree

Tejun Heo wrote:
That cmd-switching PM support is what AHCI SPM bit indicates. As of v1.1, AHCI doesn't define FIS-switching PM support yet.

Right you are; see, told you my brain was frazzled.

Which is understandable considering AHCI doesn't construct FISes itself. I don't think PM requires more hardware support than being capable for setting PMP in the FISes, which AHCI certainly can (standing down on collision for SDB notify aside). I can give it a shot but it clearly violates the spec, and even if it works, we would need to print big fat warning message while attaching PM.

Setting the PMP field during FIS construction would work, I should think, for outgoing FIS's. Not sure how incoming FISs would behave.

	Jeff

-
: send the line "unsubscribe linux-ide" in