Re: [ANNOUNCE] libata EH/NCQ/hotplug/PM git tree

Hello, Zhao, Forrest.

zhao, forrest wrote:
> On Wed, 2006-05-10 at 10:44 +0900, Tejun Heo wrote:
>
>> The only Port Multiplier I've got is sil4726 and thus it's the only one
>> tested.  I implemented AHCI PM support half-way but then realized I
>> don't have any AHCI controller which supports PM (I have ICH7R).  Is
>> there any AHCI controller which reports PM support?
>>
> Tejun,
>
> There're some machines in our lab, which support PM. The IO controller
> on these machines is ICH7 family. But we have no port multiplier

Does your ICH7 report 1 for the SMP bit (bit 17 of the CAP register)?
Cool.  How come mine doesn't?  :/  Can you tell me the exact name of the
product?

> hardware, which connect multiple SATA drives to a port on SATA
> controller. Do you know where we can buy a port multiplier card?

I couldn't buy one either.  Silicon Image guys were nice enough to send
me a sample board.  So, that's what I've worked on.  There seems to be
some external storage products incorporating PM, but I'm not sure about
the availability.

> Is it possible to conduct the PM test without this PM card?

No, I don't think that's possible in any meaningful way.

Zhao, I think I've ironed out all the problems you've reported with the
previous revision of hotplug.  If you've got some time, can you please
check whether those problems are really gone?

Thanks.

--
tejun
-