Re: hpt366 driver oops or panic with HighPoint RocketRAID 1520 SATA (HPT372N)

Hello.

Sergei Shtylylov wrote:

Alan Cox wrote:

I've got the correct timing tables and PLL tune information for the 302N
now which appears to be very similar if not identical for these needs so
if someone wants to hack the old drivers/ide/pci driver a bit I can
provide reasonably accurate chip id and chip pll base information to
enable a fix.

I'm currently working on the old driver to bring in the HPT371N support and fix HPT371 clock setup (and make the other chip's clock setups correct along the way). Unfortunately I can test only on 371N and 370A, the board with 371 soldered in has PCI contreoller fried.

The driver rewrite is almost complete (after being preempted several times), I'm awaiting it to also be tested on HPT302. The changes are HUGE, the patch is about 70 KB in size... Meanwhile, I've noticed (just now :-) a bug in HPT372N clock turnaround code (it accesses extra DMA ports relative to dma_base, not dma_master which would make it do BAD things if called on a secondary channel) -- guess I should post them in a separate patch?

WBR, Sergei

-
: send the line "unsubscribe linux-ide" in