RE: Kernel driver for Sil 3112 (sata_sil.c) problems

Hi,
the controller is Kouwell 571S-4 , it is based on 2 chips Sil 3112, each
chip provides 2 ports. I don't think it's matter of power or heat, server is
huge, but has good cooling and 550 W Enermax PSU. My friend has same
problems and he tested it, problem persists no matter how many HDDs (1-4) or
PCI cards in computer.

For Tejun: I will provide that list from lspci as soon as machine will be
up, unfortunately machine's OS is stucked in error and I can't reset it now.

For more info: there is Gentoo linux on box, most packages on latest builds,
kernel is from vanilla sources with custom configuration, but I tried also
several kernels from gentoo sources.

Jiri Bartosik