IDE timing issue?

I'm seeing a timing issue that I was hoping to get some help with.

I've got a simple compact flash IDE device connected in True IDE mode.
I'm seeing "lost interrupt" messages when I try a simple "mount
/dev/hda1".

If I had a small amount of delay in udelay(1) in OUTB things seem to work
ok.

I was wondering about any idea's about what to look at next.  It would
seem that some control register writes are occuring two fast, is there
some setting to let the higher layer IDE control know to slow things down
a little?

thanks

 - kumar

-
: send the line "unsubscribe linux-ide" in