Re: git tree to use for new I2C controller Patch submission

Hi Ganesh,

> I have a patch for supporting a new I2C Controller hardware. Against
> what kernel tree I should be generating a patch against for kernel
> submission? Is it the Linus Mainline or Linux-next or Wolfram's tree?

In general, I favor my tree to have access to the latest I2C core
features. As linux-next includes my tree, you can also use it if you
need something from it. Mainline will mostly work, too, though, because
using new I2C core features can be inserted incrementally, of course.
That being said, there are no major core updates currently.

Thanks for asking beforehand!