Re: A bit confused on i2c communication between modules

+cc: linux-i2c@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Moving /this/ to the linux-i2c list ;-)

Thanks Wolfram,

On 24/03/2020 10:27, Wolfram Sang wrote:

>> Maybe we should have a whole virtual I2C bus for virtual devices :-)
>>
>> (Hrm, that started out as a joke, and now I'm not sure if it's a real
>> option or not...)
>
> Just one final thought: I think this is actually the best option. Zero
> chance of address collisions (which could happen if you have a not
> perfectly-described real HW bus). No RPM mangling of real and virtual
> devices. A clear seperation what is real and what is virtual. Plus, you
> can implement it right away, no need to wait for the dynamic address
> assignment.

Agreed - even better all round! But I presume we don't yet have a
'virtual' i2c bus? So it's a patch-set to do first? Or is it already
feasible?

I see references to 'i2c-virtual.c' and 'i2c-virt.c', but I can't find
those files or any config options themselves...

--
Regards