RE: In power saving mode i2c_nvidia_gpu modules affect power consumption a lot

Hi AceLan

Kernel v5.5-rc1 does have all run time pm patches. I tested with it on my GPU card and it
works fine (lspci shows status as D3).

Please provide following details to debug the issue you are seeing.

1. Please share exact steps to repro the issue.
2. Do you connect any USB Type-C device GPU to reproduce the issue?
3. Please run below  command after using correct device ID in place of "01:00.3" based on lspci command.
  $ lspci
  01:00.3 Serial bus controller [0c80]: NVIDIA Corporation Device 1ad9 (rev a1)
  $ sudo lspci -vv -s 01:00.03
  This should show Status as D3 under "Capabilities: [b4] Power Management version 3"
4. Please share complete "dmesg" log.
5. Please share output of below command
 $ lsmod | grep typec
 $ lsmod | grep nvidia
 $ cat /sys/class/typec/port0/port0.?/svid
 $ ls /sys/bus/typec/devices/

Thanks