I2C Connection Timeout

Hi All,

Just a quick question about possible solutions. I'm not really sure
where to ask this, so I'll ask here.

I've put together my own i2c bus with a few devices on it; however,
whenever I go to
read the i2c bus from Linux, reading from /dev/i2c-2, I can detect the
devices on the
network using the i2ctools package, but whenever I go to read from the
bus, I receive -1
from read. Using `strerror` to get a message from errno, I always seem to get,

"Connection timed out"

Currently, I'm just reading and writing to the file descriptor after
setting the device address,
but what things should I try to not get a connection time out error?

Brian