Re: New I2C driver for AMD platform

On 4/7/2018 1:01 PM, Wolfram Sang wrote:
> Hi,
>
>> Hi Wolf,
>
> Wolfram, please.

sorry my sincere apologies.

>> Now we have developed two new drivers.
>>
>> 1. I2C host controller bus driver: This is based on I2C framework of
>> linux kernel. So any i2c read write call or commands to this driver is
>> routed to PCI Interface driver.
>>
>> 2. PCI Driver : This driver is responsible to talk with Mp2 and does
>> all C2P/P2C communication or reading/writing from DRAM in case of more
>> data.
>>
>> How can we get this driver to be upstreamed? Is it fine to put this
>> driver at drivers/i2c/busses and submit the patches. Please provide
>> your valuable inputs.
>
> We already have I2C master drivers using mailboxes. From what I
> understand, they work pretty much like what you have in 1). Maybe you
> can have a look at those to see how they upstreamed 2).

Thanks for your time.Looked into the mailbox and i2c master implementation, however AMD driver is completely different.  Because our driver is bus level driver which uses PCI  Interface driver to communicate with the I2c controller of MP2 domain (shown in diagram). Hence AMD driver implementation is more inline with i2c-dln2.c. However i2c-dln2 is directly using USB driver, where in case of AMD we have separate PCI Interface driver. So Is it okay to upstream both 1) and 2) at i2c/busses.

regards
Nehal Shah