i2c-tools: library licensing issues

Hi,

I have been reviewing the i2c-tools licensing, and it seems there is a
contradiction between README and lib/smbus.c about the library
licensing:

From README:
| The library is released under the LGPL version 2.1 or later, while most
| tools are released under the GPL version 2 or later, but there are a few
| exceptions.

From lib/smbus.c:
| This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify
| it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by
| the Free Software Foundation; either version 2 of the License, or
| (at your option) any later version.

On the other hand, the license in lib/Module.mk matches the one from
README.

I guess one of README or lib/smbus.c has to be fixed. Can someone
clarify that? In meantime I think the library as a whole should be
considered as GPL v2 or later.

Thanks,
Aurelien

aurelien@xxxxxxxxxxx                 http://www.aurel32.net