Re: tvp5150 regression after commit 9f924169c035

* Javier Martinez Canillas <javier@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> [160212 15:09]:
> Hello Tony,
>
> On 02/12/2016 07:40 PM, Tony Lindgren wrote:
> >* Javier Martinez Canillas <javier@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> [160212 14:29]:

> >>By driver do you mean the OMAP GPIO driver or the tvp5150 I2C driver?
> >>The latter does not have runtime PM support.
> >
> >Sounds like OMAP GPIO then.
> >

> Ok.

> >>I can check if the OMAP GPIO is following these and give a try but
> >>don't have access to the board right now so I'll do it on Monday.
> >
> >It does not seem to be using pm_runtime_autosuspend(). Did you
> >try reverting commit de85b9d57ab ("PM / runtime: Re-init runtime
> >PM states at probe error and driver unbind") and see if that
> >helps?
> >

> Yes, that's the first thing I tried when I noticed your patch:
>
> ("i2c: omap: Fix PM regression with deferred probe for
> pm_runtime_reinit")
>
> But neither reverting commit de85b9d57ab nor your fix made a
> difference.
> >If it does, then sounds like we may have some other regression
> >as well.

OK I doubt it's the GPIO driver if reverting 9f924169c035
helps.

I do see some GPIO regressions in current Linux next though,
but sounds like you're using v4.5-rc series.

> It seems that is not related but I hope that given you were
> looking at the runtime PM core lately, maybe you can figure
> out what we are missing.
>
> I'm far from being familiar with the runtime PM framework
> but I've looked and can't figure out why Wolfram's commit
> make this driver to fail and reverting his commit make its
> work again.

No idea. What kind of PM runtime use case has that one been
tested with?

Regards,

Tony