RE: [Patch v1] i2c: imx: add runtime pm support to improve the performance

From: Wolfram Sang <mailto:wsa@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> sent: Thursday, June 18, 2015 12:24 PM
> To: Gao Pan-B54642
> Cc: Uwe Kleine-König; linux-i2c@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx; Li Frank-B20596; Duan
> Fugang-B38611
> Subject: Re: [Patch v1] i2c: imx: add runtime pm support to improve the
> performance

> > > I don't claim to understand the runtime pm stuff, but I agree to the
> > > previous reviewer that this smells fishy. If this is required it
> > > needs a comment why.
> > >
> > In fact, I agree you two reviewers' consideration. As I said, this is
> just to avoid system hang in worse case.
> > Of course, I still don't catch the worse case. So I will remove this pm
> stuff.
>
> So, there is a worst case where the system can hang now which is not
> present in the current version of this driver (i.e. before your patch)?

Hi, Wolfram,

Before the patch, I don't catch the issue on Fsl engineer platforms.
But I remembered I supported one automotive customer that in their user case the issue can be reproduced in long term stress test.

Anyway, I prefer to remove the pm staff in here.

Thanks for your review. I will send the V2 patch.