Re: i2c-tools: add Android.mk

Hi Wolfram,

>> Now if anyone has a more educated view on this than I do, please speak
>> up. Android is really not my thing (as a developer, I mean.)
>
> While working again on adding i2ctransfer to i2c-tools, it became clear
> that this android makefile would need an update for it, too. And since
> nobody of us is using i2c-tools on android, nobody can provide a tested
> update.

Nobody but me! Actually I'm using it and I had the need for it.
Probably there are other people reinventing the wheel outside this
mailinglist. Try to google for it.

> So, it would indeed be easier if the android universe would
> figure a way in their sphere. So, I agree with Jean.

I think it's more a matter of a makefile approach. They use a non
recursive one (recommended by several papers[1]) and it's up to
external projects if embrace it or no. Honestly I think that a
minuscule file with really low maintenance should be added.

I'm glad to prepare a new patch if maintainership is interested!

Sincerely, Angelo

[1] http://aegis.sourceforge.net/auug97.pdf
--
Profile: http://it.linkedin.com/in/compagnucciangelo