Re: Another problem with I2C multiplexer bus naming

> >Yes, one can't mix i2c_add_numbered_adapter and i2c_add_adapter well,
> >and this is even documented. However, since you are DT only, this
> >doesn't apply.
> >
> I have not seen any documentation to regarding this topic.

man i2c_add_numbered_adapter

 * If no devices have pre-been declared for this bus, then be sure to
 * register the adapter before any dynamically allocated ones. Otherwise
 * the required bus ID may not be available.

I was just referring to it to express that this is known behaviour and
not a bug like I first assumed.

> I remember adding an i2c multiplexer to an early beagleboard system years
> ago. I think we were lucky that the fixed i2c bus addresses were probed
> first, so they were not stolen by the multiplexer's dynamic allocations.

You "need" a deferred probe for this clash to happen.

> It would be useful also state that the i2c bus naming mechanism uses aliases
> to name i2c buses.

Care to send a patch? :)

And are you interested in testing the bugfix patches I sent around? I
tested them locally, but verification from the bug-reporter is always
good.

Thanks,

   Wolfram