Re: Poulsbo I2C - /dev/i2c not seen when loading i2c-dev

>> I got a bit further, if I boot the device with the 'acpi=off' kernel
>> option then I can modprobe both lpc_sch and i2c_dev, at which point
>> i2c-detect works fine.
>
> As expected. but acpi=off is a little harsh. acpi_enforce_resources=no
> would work too, and is less risky.

Jean & I both (independantly) knocked up quick patches to 'lpc_sch' to
allow it to load should any of the subsystems (GPIO or SMBus) load OK - it
was previously failing at the first subsystem failure. This gave me access
to the I2C controller whilst ACPI was active.

Start discussion on whether this is a good idea...

> * As I seem to understand that the board is developed by your own
>   company, you should ask the BIOS developers what they are up to. They
>   should be able to tell you if the ACPI code above is intended and
>   needed, or if it can be dropped (together with the PHO operation
>   region.)

It's nice that you assume some level of competence here ;-)
Simon.