Re: at24 driver - a possible problem

> > Correct me if I'm wrong but I would expect from a synchronous write()
> > call to NOT finish before the data has been "phisically written".
> > And in this case of course the read operation wouldn't need a waiting loop.
> > What do you think?
>
> Makes sense to me.  Another bug to fix.  :)

I think the waiting loop in the read-path won't hurt and will be convenient for
a number of users. I also think it would be nice if O_SYNC would be supported,
so the write will only return after the EEPROM finished the write cycle.

Still, the latter one beats me right now. The sysfs-bin-write gets a kobject
and the O_SYNC is placed in the flags of a filp during open. Is there a some
connection between those? I'm not even sure if O_SYNC should be handled at the
sysfs-layer instead of inside the driver?

Regards,

   Wolfram

--
Pengutronix e.K.                           | Wolfram Sang                |