Re: Moving to new driver model: probe never called

Hi Shane,

On Fri, 01 May 2009 13:14:10 -0600, Shane Dixon wrote:
> Thank you for the help.  This is only my 2nd driver I've ever written
> (the first one being the i2c legacy version of the same driver!)  I
> think that did it.  The device is a tpm, but the I2C_CLASS_HWMON seems
> to help it get a little farther to the detect function.

Might be acceptable for your local testing, but obviously not for
upstream submission.

> I also had to
> make sure I had the normal_i2c[] struct present because I know the
> device listens on 0x29.  This isn't something I can modify the
> board_info for because it's just wires jumping the device over to a
> development board (for a demo), so it's not permanently soldered on.  I
> don't think it would be correct to use the board_info to treat it like a
> static device.

OK, that makes sense. I have just added a sysfs interface to handle
this situation more gracefully. I'll Cc you when I post it (in a
minute), please give it a try if you can.

--
Jean Delvare
http://khali.linux-fr.org/wishlist.html