Re: chv-gpio interrupt storm on UMAX VisionBook 10Wi Pro

Hi,

On 7/9/20 10:30 AM, Jiri Slaby wrote:
Hi,

On 08. 07. 20, 13:47, Hans de Goede wrote:
Unfortunately, there is nothing like that. It's discussed on the net,
that these UMAXes have only 32bit EFI.

Which is not a problem by itself, mixed-mode support works well,
in Fedora we even support it out of the box.

What is a problem is the OSID thing. So one last silly idea,
can you try on your EFI system partition, creating a dir called:

EFI/Microsoft/Boot

So the Linux path of that likely is:

/boot/efi/EFI/Microsoft/Boot

And then copy your grub.efi to:

/boot/efi/EFI/Microsoft/Boot/bootmgfw.efi

And then with efibootmgr create an entry
titled Windows pointing to that and try booting
that boot entry?

Ugh, there is indeed some magic, but it doesn't help.

I created that entry and dubbed it "opensuse_MS2". BIOS renamed it to
"Windows Boot Manager". But still
/sys/bus/acpi/devices/INTCFD9:00/status shows 15 and storms.

I created also EFI/Boot/bootia32.efi. Now BIOS thinks I am android! I.e.
wifi disappeared, the boot option in BIOS says "Android legacy". And it
always switches "Windows 8.x" to "Android legacy". If I delete
EFI/Boot/bootia32.efi (deleting or adding an entry to efibootmgr makes
no difference, the presence of the file matters), I can set "Windows
8.x" and it persists booting, but still storms and things (but wifi is
back).

Any other idea what file/volume I should create in EFI fs?

No I'm afraid not. The ACPI subsystem will execute the DSDT's
_INI method (line 21712 in the disassembled DSDT) pretty early on.

I think the best way to workaround this is to use a DSDT override
where you set OSID=1 in that _INI method.

This is far from ideal, but so are the other options. Unfortunately
this will not help any other users with the same device, but it at
least should get it working for you.

Regards,

Hans