Re: chv-gpio interrupt storm on UMAX VisionBook 10Wi Pro

Hi,

On 08. 07. 20, 13:24, Hans de Goede wrote:
>> It also has only 32 but EFI. It doesn't recognize 64-bit binaries. I had
>> to load 32-bit grub first to load the installer from a USB. So this is
>> EFI-mixed mode as it is called.
>
> Hmm, ok, with CHT I would really expect there to be a 64 bit UEFI and
> your DSDT and the fact that my untested patch broke your boot, all do
> show that this is Cherry Trail / Cherryview and not a Bay Trail.
>
> I guess that doing:
>
> cat /proc/cpuinfo  | grep "model name"
>
> Will output something like this:
>
> model name      : Intel(R) Atom(TM) x5-Z8350  CPU @ 1.44GHz
> model name      : Intel(R) Atom(TM) x5-Z8350  CPU @ 1.44GHz
> model name      : Intel(R) Atom(TM) x5-Z8350  CPU @ 1.44GHz
> model name      : Intel(R) Atom(TM) x5-Z8350  CPU @ 1.44GHz
>
> Note the model bould be some other Z8xxx nummer, likely it is a
> Z8350, and if not a Z8300 but any Z8xxx number is CHT.

Yes, correct:
model name      : Intel(R) Atom(TM) x5-Z8350  CPU @ 1.44GHz

> Further confirming that this really is Cherry Trail. Which
> at least means that my patches might help a bit.

They do not :(. The interrupts are still storming.

FWIW I tried the acpi_osi="Windows 2015" kernel parameter. No success too.

> But ideally we would still be able to get the BIOS to see
> us as Windows and set its OSID variable to 1. So we don't
> try to use the wrong GPIOs as IRQ at all. Can you try loading
> the BIOS setup-defaults / optimal defaults?

Loaded the optimal values. Still the same

> If that does not get rid of the IN3496 device (changes its
> status to 0), then try this:
>
> Maybe you have a "Boot Architecture" option under the "Boot"
> menu in the BIOS? I know you are already at 32 bits, but
> maybe changing it to 64 bits helps? (after installing a 64 bit
> shim + grub)

Unfortunately, there is nothing like that. It's discussed on the net,
that these UMAXes have only 32bit EFI.

thanks,
--
js