RE: [RFC fixes 0/2] FIX: Renesas RZ series pinctrl driver

Hi Jacopo,

On Friday, January 27, 2017, Jacopo Mondi wrote:
> Hello,
>    sorry if I'm sending 2 patches on top of an RFC series with comments
> still pending, but these patches enabled me to properly test pin
> configuration sequence in order to access the internal EEPROM through
> RIIC2 interface on pins 1_4 and 1_5.
>
> The outcome is a bugfix to RZ/A1 pincontroller driver which [2/2] applies
> on.
>
> When sending v2 of the whole series I'll probably squash these, but if
> someone is testing the RFC series I wanted to make sure he does not waste
> his time with a broken driver.
>
> Thanks
>
> Jacopo Mondi (2):
>   arm: dts: genmai: Configure RIIC2 pins
>   pinctrl: rz-pfc: Fix RZ/A1 pin function configuration
>
>  arch/arm/boot/dts/r7s72100-genmai.dts |  8 ++++-  drivers/pinctrl/rz-
> pfc/pinctrl-rza1.c | 55 +++++++++++++++++++++++------------

Preliminary testing shows that I2C pin muxing works. Nice job!

Testing:
- RZ/A1H RSK board
- u-boot modified to make sure pins are put back to GPIO-IN
- RIIC ch3 is connected to a I2C port expander that has 3 LEDs attached
- using a heartbeat kernel thread that blinks the LEDs

Of course, more testing is needed to make sure there is no "smoke and mirrors"
going on like there was with the MSTP clock driver ;)

Note that the I2C pin need to be configured at "bi-directional" but there is
no way to specify that from DT, so that has to be added as a parameter.

I am very happy about how easy it is to set the pins up! It almost matches
what I do in our BSP code today, so I didn't even have to look at the HW schematic.

I'll give Ethernet and SDHI a try. For RSPI, I have to go manually wire up a
SPI flash again.

Chris