Re: EXT4 vs LVM performance for VMs

> All of this being said, what are you trying to do?  If you are happy
> using LVM, feel free to use it.  If there are specific features that
> you want out of the file system, it's best that you explicitly
> identify what you want, and so we can minimize the cost of the
> features of what you want.

We are trying to decide whether to use filesystem or LVM for VM
storage. It's not that we are happy with LVM - while it performs
better there are limitations on LVM side especially when it comes to
manageability (for example certain features in OpenStack do only fork
if VM is file-based).

So, in short, if we would make filesystem to perform better we would
rather use filesystem than LVM, (and we don't really have any special
requirements in terms of filesystem features).

And in order for us to make a good decision I wanted to ask community,
if our observations and resultant numbers make sense.

Cheers,
Prema