Re: Inode metadata and file data syncing

On Thu, Jul 19, 2012 at 09:50:59AM -0400, faibish_sorin@xxxxxxx wrote:
> I am simply curious what all the current file systems features we lack
> today as maybe others can contribute. Hope this makes sense

It doesn't take much effort to imagine features which are tied to
hardware that is still under wraps and which make current designs look
completely silly.  I'm willing to give them the benefit of the doubt.

I'm happy that they're engaging with fsdevel early, even if its clumsy
because they can't really talk about details.  I think it's worth
spending a small amount of time to help them understand the (very
confusing!) fs paths.  It has a decent chance of reducing the number of
problems in the code we'll no doubt see some day and have to review.

- z