Re: [squashfs] Who is responsible for code review?

On Fri, Jun 22, 2012 at 11:53 AM, Vyacheslav Dubeyko <slava@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi,
>
>> We have a script to answer such questions.
>> scripts/get_maintainer.pl
>>
> Ok. Thanks. :-)
>
> I know that Phillip Lougher is the maintainer of squashfs file system
> code. But he keeps silence during last time. It was patch from UCHINO
> Satoshi recently but nobody said YES or NO on it. My question is about
> such situation.

 Vyacheslav

You wrote "but nobody said YES or NO on it", and effectively answered
your own question.  The silence has been waiting for
feedback/code-review on these patches from others.

 The patches in question are adding a new feature to Squashfs.  New
features are always nice to have, but always carry the risk of
introducing bugs, performance regressions, and generally making the
code harder to maintain if (as is the case with these patches)  they
have been implemented in a way not to my liking.

I reviewed these patches when they arrived, and I got a poor opinion
of them.  However, I decided to give the patches a chance, and wait
and see what feedback/code-review they got.  So far they have received
nothing.

These emails may encourage some review of the patches, so, I'll wait a
couple more days, before giving feedback.

Phillip