Re: Intercepting system calls

Hello Rajat, Thanks for your reply.

On 12/28/11, Rajat Sharma <fs.rajat@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> wrapfs needs the underlying filesystem to be already mounted and then
> it attaches itself on top of this mount point.
Ok That means it will replace the specific file system operations with
its own operations ? And then call the specific operations from
itself? Doesn't it then requires a different operation for each file
system ?
>Thats the whole idea of
> stacking one to one VFS objects from wrapfs to underlying FS objects.
> So it assumes that / to be already mounted. And you would want to
> attach to a route volume as soon as possible, so entering wrapfs mount
> entry in /etc/fstab just after / entry should be good enough.
Do I need volumes for using wrapfs ? Or simple partitioning would
suffice ? It sounds quite good I would look at this.

--
Thanks and Regards ,
Gaurav