vfat: Problems copying files to USB memory, but no error messages...

Hello,

maybe someone has an idea what's going on here.

I copied some files on an USB memory stick. After doing so, I created a MD5sum file over the files, I copied, and forwarded this to the stick, too.

After plugging this memory stick into another PC, for some reason I didn't have my MD5sum file. All the other files seem to be OK. I moved those files from this media.

After that, I copied new data to this stick, umounted it and gave it to someone with an Windows system. He now saw some of the files as 0KB files.

What's going on here? I checked the syslog of all affected PCs and nothing got logged about writing problems or filesystem errors.

Yours

Manuel