Re: GSoC HFSplus project.

Hi Naohiro,

I see you have tagged the disk_cmds. Have you had any thoughts on the netgear development? As a guess, I think netgear will not divert much development effort into making the hfs+ journal feature (assuming they have done it and done it well) into the dev kernel, so it is up to you.
So your tasks are slightly modified:

1) it would be good for you to find out what netgear's intention is

2) regardless of their intention, it would still be good for you to review their change, break it down into reviewable/commentable pieces, etc. I suspect it would take a week or two to make them buildable against current kernel, since 25 minor kernel releases is not a trivial amount of api change.

Depending on 1/2, you might want to either spend more time on the netgear change, or on the disk_cmds instead. Communicating with hardware vendors and reviewing/porting other's unfinished(?) work isn't as glamourous as doing new exciting and ground-breaking work, but those need to be done and it is just as well for you to be doing those.

Hin-Tak