Re: PROBLEM: Regular crashes on 2.6.37 ext3_ordered_writepage?

On 21/01/11 21:49, Andreas Dilger wrote:
On Fri, 21 Jan 2011 20:55:35 -0000 (GMT)
"M"<martin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>  wrote:
I'm getting very regular crashes on a stock 2.6.37 kernel that I've
compiled myself. The crashes seem to regularly contain references to
filesystem code but are difficult to capture.

I was about to type but for once it was captured in the log. I was seeing
similar issues with the previous release 2.6.36 so I'm guessing it's
something triggering on my machine more than most peoples.
I assume from the subject that you do NOT have crashes on some other kernel version that you are running?  It isn't really clear from your email.  Otherwise, the first suspect in frequent and mysterious crashes is bad RAM, and running memtest86 for a couple of days is the recommended course of action.

Good news, though memtest86 wasn't showing any errors I tried my laptop with some other memory and it's working fine now even the graphics problems have gone away.
Sorry to trouble you with these reports, many thanks for the advice.

Not quite sure why the memory isn't failing the test program but I'll try a few more things...