Re: [Lsf10-pc] [ATTEND] I'd like to attend ;)

On Mon, 01 Mar 2010 13:33:06 -0500, Ric Wheeler <rwheeler@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On 03/01/2010 01:07 PM, Eric Sandeen wrote:
I still need to decide which specific topic to bring/promote, but I'd certainly
like to attend, as I have in the past.

Generally would like to talk about...

Trim/discard plans in filesystem - lately I'm thinking a batch mechanism may
be better than trim-as-you-go.

Advancements in generic test infrastructures since last year.

Could talk a bit about the advancements in proper alignment detection&
setup for storage&  filesystems but that's not a very big topic.

Jan's suggestion of some writeback sanity sounds good to me too.
Why just sanity. We can also talk about the new cache writeback techniques
FS metadata specific as well as application dirty pages to improve performance
of large sequential write NFS workloads.

Thanks,
-Eric

I think that all of the above are great topics for this time around.

Specifically, the alignment work has been interesting in that we have tried to get not just the kernel bits but the entire stack to work properly.

Both this and the discard work should still be quite topical if we can get the various storage vendors to evaluate our current upstream bits in time :-)

ric

Best Regards
Sorin Faibish
Corporate Distinguished Engineer