[no subject]

At least you wrote you are willing to post patches to the mailing list: So
why not start with at least that *minimal* requirement according to Linus
as a step you do? Maybe even just as a sign of good will towards the
kernel community? That has been asked of you concretely, so why not just
do it?

Maybe this can work out by negotiating a middle ground going one little
step at a time?

I still do have a BCacheFS on my laptop for testing, but meanwhile I
wonder whether some of the crazy kernel regressions I have seen with the
last few kernels where exactly related to having mounted that BCacheFS
test filesystem. I am tempted to replace the BCacheFS with a BTRFS just to
find out.

Lastly 6.10.12-1 Debian kernel crashes on a pool-spawner thread when I
enter the command â??rebootâ??. That is right a reboot crashes the system â?? I
never have seen anything this crazy with any Linux kernel so far! I have
made a photo of it but after that long series of regressions I am even too
tired to post a bug report about it just to be told again to bisect the
issue. And it is not the first work queue related issue I found between 6.8
and 6.11 kernels.

Actually I think I just replace that BCacheFS with another BTRFS in order
to see whether it reduces the amount of crazy regressions I got so fed up
with recently. Especially its not fair to report all of this to the Lenovo
Linux community guy Mark Pearson in case its not even related to the new
ThinkPad T14 AMD Gen 5 I am using. Mind you that series of regressions
started with a T14 AMD Gen 1 roughly at the time I started testing
BCacheFS and I had hoped they go away with the new laptop. Additionally I
have not seen a single failure with BTRFS on any on my systems â?? including
quite some laptops and several servers, even using LXC containers â?? forâ?¦ I
don't remember when. Since kernel 4.6 BTRFS at least for me is rock
stable. And I agree, it took a huge lot of time until it was stable. But
whether that is due to the processes you criticize or other reasons or a
combination thereofâ?¦ do you know for sure?

I am wondering: did the mainline kernel just get so much more unstable in
the last 3-6 months or may there be a relationship to the test BCacheFS
filesystem I was using that eluded me so far. Of course, I do not know for
now, but reading Carl's mails really made me wonder.

Maybe there is none, so don't get me wrongâ?¦ but reading this thread got me
suspicious now. I am happily proven wrong on that suspicion and I commit
to report back on it. Especially when the amount of regressions does not
decline and I got suspicious of BCacheFS unjustly.

Best,
--
Martin