Re: [GIT PULL] bcachefs fixes for 6.12-rc2

Hi Kent, hi Linus.

Kent Overstreet - 06.10.24, 02:54:32 CEST:
<kent.overstreet@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > > If what you want is patches appearing on the list, I'm not unwilling
> > > make that change.
> >
> > I want you to WORK WITH OTHERS. Including me - which means working
> > with the rules and processes we have in place.
>
> That has to work both ways.

Exactly, Kent.

And it is my impression from reading the whole thread up to now and from
reading previous threads it is actually about: Having your way and your
way only.

That is not exactly "work both ways".

Quite similarly regarding your stand towards distributions like Debian.

Sure you can question well established rules all the way you want and
maybe you are even right about it. I do not feel qualified enough to judge
on that. I am all for challenging well established rules on justified
grounds…

But… even if that is the case it is still a negotiation process. Expecting
that communities change well established rules on the spot just cause you
are asking for it… quite bold if you ask me. It would be a negotiation
process and work both ways would mean to agree on some kind of middle
ground. But it appears to me you do not seem to have the patience for such
a process. So it is arguing on both sides which costs a lot of energy of
everyone involved.