Re: [ANNOUNCE] xfs-linux: for-next updated to 75bcffbb9e75

On Wed, Mar 13, 2024 at 12:23:17PM +0530, Chandan Babu R wrote:
> On Fri, Mar 08, 2024 at 11:31:02 AM +1100, Dave Chinner wrote:
> > On Thu, Mar 07, 2024 at 03:16:56PM +0530, Chandan Babu R wrote:
> > Hi Chandan,
> >
> > I'm finding it difficult to determine what has changed from one
> > for-next update to the next because there's only a handful of new
> > commits being added to this list.
> >
> > In this case, I think there's only 1 new commit in this update:
> >
> >>       [75bcffbb9e75] xfs: shrink failure needs to hold AGI buffer
> >
> > And I only found that out when rebasing my local tree and that patch
> > did not apply.
> >
> > When I was doing these for-next tree updates, I tried to only send
> > out the list of commits that changed since the last for-next tree
> > update rather than the whole lot since the base kernel it was
> > started from. That made it easy for everyone to see what I'd just
> > committed, as opposed to trying to find whether their outstanding
> > patches were in a big list already committed patches...
> >
> > Up to you, but I'm bringing it up because I am finding it difficult
> > to track when one of my patches has been committed to for-next right
> > now...
> >

> You are right. I didn't realize this problem. I will limit for-next
> announcements to include only new patches that were added/removed to/from the
> existing pile.

Or tell us what changed since the last push in the first paragraph.

"Hi folks,

"The for-next branch of the xfs-linux repository at:

	https://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/fs/xfs/xfs-linux.git

"has just been updated.  New since the last push are some bug fixes to
insulate us from small mammals infiltrating the inode cache and wreaking
havoc on Riker's trombone.  I also merged the Y2500 support patchset to
make Geordi happy."

--D