Re: default ext3 journal mode - time to poke at this again?

  Hi,

> At the linux symposium this week, some of us were wondering when it
> would be safe to try and default ext3's default journal mode back to
> sanity given that all (?) distros immediately reverted the default to
> data writeback mode.
  Well, at least SUSE still uses data=ordered,barrier as a default (and
I personally think this is the right thing to do). Hmm, maybe you've
meant this and just wrote it otherwise given your paragraph below ;)

> Failing that, can we at least clean up the config option description to
> properly give the normal users a non-bogus, technical description of the
> trade off ?
  Yes, I'm all for it. Will you try to write up something or should I?

									Honza
--
Jan Kara <jack@xxxxxxx>
SuSE CR Labs