Re: Backporting of series xfs/iomap: fix data corruption due to stale cached iomap

On Fri, Jun 30, 2023 at 4:17 PM Darrick J. Wong <djwong@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On Fri, Jun 30, 2023 at 04:05:36PM +0300, Amir Goldstein wrote:

Circling back on this. So far it seems that the patchset in question
does fix the issues of rocksdb corruption as we haven't seen them for
some time on our test group. We're happy to dedicate some efforts now
to get them officially backported to 6.1 according to the process. We
did try basic things with kdevops and would like to learn more. Fred
(cc-ed here) is happy to drive the effort and be the primary contact
on this. Could you, please, guide us/him on the process?

> > > We are not a big team and apart from other internal project work our
> > > efforts are focused on fixing this issue in production, because it
> > > affects many teams and workloads. If we confirm that these patches fix
> > > the issue in production, we will definitely consider dedicating some
> > > work to ensure they are officially backported. But if not - we would
> > > be required to search for a fix first before we can commit to any
> > > work.
> > >
> > > So, IOW - can we come back to you a bit later on this after we get the
> > > feedback from production?
> > >

> > Of course.
> > The volunteering question for 6.1.y is independent.
> >
> > When you decide that you have a series of backports
> > that proves to fix a real bug in production,
> > a way to test the series will be worked out.
>
> /me notes that xfs/558 and xfs/559 (in fstests) are the functional tests
> for these patches that you're backporting; it would be useful to have a
> third party (i.e. not just the reporter and the author) confirm that the
> two fstests pass when real workloads are fixed.
>
> --D
>
> > Thanks,
> > Amir.

Ignat