Re: nfs generic/373 failure after "fs: allow cross-vfsmount reflink/dedupe"

On Wed, Mar 02, 2022 at 05:04:50PM -0500, J. Bruce Fields wrote:
> I started seeing generic/373 fail on recent linux-next in NFS testing.
>
> Bisect lands it on aaf40970b1d0 "fs: allow cross-vfsmount
> reflink/dedupe".
>
> The test fails because a clone between two mounts is expected to fail,
> and no longer does.
>
> In my setup both mounts are nfs mounts.  They are mounts of different
> exports, and the exports are exports of different filesystems.  So it
> does make sense that the clone should fail.
>
> I see the NFS client send a CLONE rpc to the server, and the server
> return success.  That seems wrong.
>
> Both exported filesystems are xfs, and from the code it looks like the
> server calls vfs_clone_file_range(), which ends up calling
> xfs_file_remap_range().
>
> Are we missing a check now in that xfs case?
>
> I haven't looked any more closely at what's going on, so I could be
> missing something.

Yeah there's a few fstests that test this functionality that need to be removed,
I have patches pending for this in our fstests staging tree (since we run
fstests nightly on our tree)

https://github.com/btrfs/fstests/tree/staging

Right now the patches just remove the tests from auto since that's what we run,
I'll remove them properly once the patch lands in linus.  Thanks,

Josef