Re: Corrupted ASFS patch.

On Mon, Feb 09, 2009 at 04:18:39PM +0300, Pavel Fedin wrote:
>  Ouch, really sorry. Unfortunately i have Internet access only at work
> and they block all ports except HTTP, FTP and (luckily) POP3. So i can
> send mail only via web interface.
>  Documentation says that i can also place the file somewhere on the
> Web and provide a link. Here is it:
> http://rapidshare.com/files/195946803/asfs-1.0b12_patch_2.6.24.diff.html
>  As to endianess signing, sorry, i can't help here because actually
> i'm not the filesystem's author. The author is Marek Szyprowski
> <march@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, he also tried to post this patch some time
> ago, but gave up because someone said that SFS patch won't be accepted
> because "Linux doesn't need one more exotic FS".
>  I just adapted the driver to 2.6.24 kernel (this patch works on
> 2.6.28 without changes).
>  You can contact him about the details.

a MIA fs dev is not a bonus point in order to get something merged.

as debian linux-2.6 maintainer we used to have this fs, but dropped as
the author showed no will or sign to go upstream.
the small but important critic does need to get worked on.
so if you wana help to get this somewhere get the fs fixed and
properly send in patches.

kind regards

--
maks