Re: Request for review: NandFS

Corentin Chary wrote:
Hi,
Here is NandFS, a NAND Flash Filesystem.
NandFS is similar to YAFFS2 (in some ways), but the codebase is much more
cleaner and simpler. And we'll try to go mainline.

Development started at Adeneo (http://www.adeneo-embedded.com/srt/en/home) in 2007. After a long pause, I re-started to clean the code in october 2008.

With the new UBIFS, we might think than there is no room for another flash filesystem. But another GPLed filesystem can't hurt anyone. Some of us may have heard some words about UFFS, but this project is in no way related to NandFS.

*IMPORTANT*: NandFS is under active development, and can't be considered safe or stable !

Probably you have a very good motivation to do work from
scratch, but what is sad that instead of joining us and
improving UBI/UBIFS stack, you spend your time creating new
file-system.

Almost nobody is interested in new unscalable solutions, and
you really waste your time, because we already have 3 of them,
at least.

There are so many things to improve in UBI/UBIFS, and there
is a possibility to create a scalable UBI2. You may do a lot
of exciting things in the area, instead.

Please, think about joining us instead :-)

--
Best Regards,
Artem Bityutskiy (Артём Битюцкий)