Re: [LSF/MM TOPIC] improving storage testing

On Thu, Feb 14, 2019 at 11:55:07AM +0100, Johannes Thumshirn wrote:
> On Wed, Feb 13, 2019 at 01:07:54PM -0500, Theodore Y. Ts'o wrote:
> > 2) Documenting what are known failures should be for various tests on
> > different file systems and kernel versions.  I think we all have our
> > own way of excluding tests which are known to fail.  One extreme case
> > is where the test case was added to xfstests (generic/484), but the
> > patch to fix it got hung up because it was somewhat controversial, so
> > it was failing on all file systems.
>
> How about having a wiki page, either in the respective filesystems wiki or a
> common wiki, that show's the list of test that are expected to fail for kernel
> version X?
>
> This is something I'm desperately looking for for brtfs for example.

https://btrfs.wiki.kernel.org/index.php/Development_notes#.28x.29fstests

Feel free to add what you're missing to that page. Though I'm not sure
wiki is the best way to track such information, but it can be a start.
Without people regularly checking that the information is accurate, it
will be obsolete and fallback to own scripts and exclusion lists would
happen.