Discussion about flash SSD during OLS2007

Hello,

I'm working on the Linux optimization for the flash SSD (Solid State Disk),
which is becoming more practical nowadays (it's not a pipe dream any more :)

During my work, I've found that Linux does not perform so well on SSD.
The most important issue, I suspect, is the behavior of the Linux filesystems
which are heavily optimized for HDD. Although there are specific filesystems
optimized for flash storage (ex. jffs2, logfs), I think they do not
scale so well
for the larger one like SSD which is of tens or hundreds of GB in size.

I'd like to share my experience of using SSD under Linux and to discuss
how filesystem can do better.

The OLS2007 would be a good chance for the discussion. However,
there are already three BOFs for the filesystem topic (ext4, chunkfs and nilfs)
I'm not sure if my topic is of interest to the existing BOF or if it
is necessary
to add another.

I'd like to ask if there are people who are interested in discussing
this topic at OLS.

Regards,

--
Dongjun Shin