Re: RFC improving amount of content in 5.11

Hi Tom,

On Mon, Sep 14, 2020 at 01:29:47PM -0700, Tom Rix wrote:
> I am disappointed with how little content is making it into 5.10

One comment I've gotten from Greg in the past is to not hold on to
patches so long, so the pull request this weekend was me trying to a
first set of changes out there. This doesn't mean it has to be the only
content that goes into 5.10 (Note how the pull request said: "First set
of changes for the 5.10 merge window").

> So I was wondering what we can do generally and i can do specifically
> to improve this.
>
> My comment
> Though we are a low volume list, anything non trivial takes about 8 revisions.
> My suggestion is that we all try to give the developer our big first
> pass review within a week of the patch landing and try to cut the
> revisions down to 3.

It's unfortunate that it takes so long to get things moving, I agree,
but with everything that's going on - bear in mind people deal different
with situations like the present - it is what it is.

My current dayjob doesn't pay me for working on this so the time I dedicate
to this comes out of my spare time and weekends - Personally I'd rather
not burn out and keep functioning in the long run.

Thanks,
Moritz