Potential NULL pointer dereference in drivers/video/fbdev/sis/init.c

Dear developers,

My name is Shaobo He and I am a graduate student at University of Utah. I am applying a static analysis tool to the Linux device drivers and got an error trace of null pointer dereference in drivers/video/fbdev/sis/init.c starting from function SiS_SetCRT1FIFO_630: pointer `queuedata` is initialized to NULL at line 2409 and could get dereferenced at line 2501 if ModeNo <= 0x13 and SiS_Pr->ChipType == SIS_730. To be more specific, if ModeNo <= 0x13 then the locations (line 2449 or line 2451)where `queuedata` gets updated to a non null value is skipped. And if `SiS_Pr->ChipType == SIS_730`, then `queuedata` is dereferenced. As you can see, the error trace is only plausible since it depends on certain conditions. Therefore, I was wondering if you could confirm it.

Thanks for your time. I am looking forward to your reply.

Best,
Shaobo