Re: SSD1306 OLED driver

On Fri, Jan 09, 2015 at 06:13:43PM +0530, Ssagarr Patil wrote:
> Hi Maxime,
>
> Thanks for your response!
>
> > On Fri, Jan 09, 2015 at 03:45:01PM +0530, Ssagarr Patil wrote:
> >>
> >> Hi Maxime,

> >> how do I set pixels of it ? Please if you can point me to some stuff that would be helpful.
> >
> > Last time I tried, fbtest didn't support monochrome display.
> >
> > And you'll find anything you need in the documentation.
> > https://www.kernel.org/doc/Documentation/fb/framebuffer.txt
> >

> In my case I see that init is done but I dont see any pixels on the
> screen at all.
>
> I am now concerned if the driver was tested in first place ?

No. I just submitted some good looking code that never ever got
tested.

More seriously, There's a few thing that comes to my mind:
  - Your controller doesn't behave the same way than the ones already
    supported.
  - You haven't posted your changes yet, so maybe you're not doing the
    transfers right
  - Your SPI controller is doing something weird

What happens if you plug a logical analyzer on the bus?

Maxime

--
Maxime Ripard, Free Electrons
http://free-electrons.com