Re: SSD1306 OLED driver

Hi,

On Fri, Nov 14, 2014 at 05:09:09PM +0530, Ssagarr Patil wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have the SSD1306 oled device connected via spi, will the same
> driver work ? as the current one is based on i2c what all mods would
> be required to have it working with SPI ?

It won't work out of the box, but it should be fairly easy to support.

You need to had support for SPI probing, and then provide some generic
accessors the rest of the code can use to wrap around the i2c and spi
calls.

I'm not sure regmap can be used for this, but this would be something
worth looking into to do that.

Maxime

--
Maxime Ripard, Free Electrons